Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pickfords picks on Parkhurst

So there I was sitting quietly at my desk editing the New Year Train photo's when out of the blue there comes an almighty crashing sound. Well my first thoughts were that the Pride of India in our front garden had fallen over, then I thought oh crap what if it landed on the house as the house shook with the crash.
Anyhoo I head on outside camera in hand to find out what happened. Turns out that a Pickfords delivery van was traveling up our road and hooked a low hung Telkom wire which was across the road between the pole on the corner of my property and the Cock's house diagonally across from me. Both Telkom poles shattered with the force at which the truck pulled them as well as a third pole at the back of the Cock's neighbors house and a fourth pole down the road toppled sideways. Well at least I can now say I've met all my neighbors face to face and not just as passing cars who we wave to, nothing like some street excitement to bring everyone together.

Steel supporting cable snapped

Gum Pole snapped like a splinter

Splintered

Telkom cable box remains

Cable over the top of the truck



Oops gum pole in truck

Cable hanging at the back of the truck

Not much left of this gum pole

View down our street


Cable casing shredded and cable exposed on top right of truck


more splinters

The tree lost


The earth moved



View up the street

A few houses down the pole got pulled over

Thats one electric fence gone


Lifted out of the ground



Stuck in the truck

Pole removal gang




Took a while as it was well wedged into the truck


Finally removed

The remains

Gaping gap

This is going to be fun for the insurance companies involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment