Monday, May 28, 2012

Behind the scenes at a Reefsteamers Photoshoot


Saturday 26th May was a very early start to catch the best light and a 15F steam locomotive before it's departure to Magaliesburg. SA Amateur Photographers had planned an outing to the Reefsteamers depot with models in tow for a fun shoot and tips gathering from the pro's who would be shooting with the group and sharing their knowledge.

Many arrived there long before the sun had even started to rise and were met by a gently simmering locomotive which had been carefully tended all night by the locominding crew. As the sun began to peek over the horizon and the sky turned wonderful pastel pinks and blues the shutters began to click. Unfortunately I missed some of the best light as I went on "mission rescue" to find the folk who were lost on the road outside the depot so I can't share those images with you. I will be sharing some behind the scenes ones and few images of the models that posed for the photographers. I must say some of these girls and guys were very brave as they were asked to sit in coal heaps and on dusty and greasy locomotives and coaches. All in all a really fun day was had by all and I’m sure the photographers that were there went away with some stunning photo’s and the models will be pleased with the portfolio shot’s they’ll be getting from the photographers.



































4 comments:

  1. amazing pics as usual!!

    Lou
    USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lou, nice to see you're watching my blogs all they way over there is the USA.

      Delete
  2. Super photos and great people shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you've done a very good job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very fast for me on Safari. Excellent Blog!
    Stop by my web blog ; ruby

    ReplyDelete