Tuesday, May 1, 2012

CSME Live Steam Nationals 2012

The long weekend of 27 April - 1 may 2012 was a busy weekend as it was the Live Steam Nationals, which was hosted this year by Centurion Steam Model Engineers at their home ground on Kwikkie Crescent in Centurion. The track was flurry of activity all weekend long with trains running until the wee hours every morning.
It was so nice to see so many of the clubs from around South Africa attending and bringing their loco's along to run for the weekend. The public came out in force and the trains were being ridden all day long fulfilling many a child's train trains.
No matter your age the trains appeal to all and certainly bring out the child in everyone of us as we played all weekend.
The Centurion Model Boat Club put on a grand display of their remote controlled boats to coincide with the Nationals and many a family could be seen picnic in the grounds whilst the kids did some fishing in the dam's in between riding trains.






















and the little engine said I think I can, I think I can

I think I can, I think I can

I knew I could, I knew I could....

















Pimp my locomotive has been pimped.














 zee BEEEEG FEEEESH caught by Junior and released back!



Not a great Train Robber wanna be.



The loco that choked on ash, spat the ash out and ran again.




























and the final word from Emily - Noooooo it cant be over yet I want more. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment